We're asking squash fans to get involved in the voting for the annual PSA Awards – you can now vote on your 2019/20 PSA Female Player of the Year.
Your votes will be combined with those made by the PSA Awards Committee – a group consisting of selected influential former players, members of the media, tournament promoters and PSA Board representatives.
The shortlists for the other categories will be released every day for the next week.
Public voting for all awards will close at 23:30 (GMT+1) on Sunday June 7, before the awards will be announced via a PSA Awards show on the PSA World Tour Facebook page on Monday June 15 at 19:00 (GMT+1).
Read below to see who the main contenders are, and cast your vote to help crown this year’s winners.
Female Player of the Year
Awarded to the player who best demonstrated supreme athletic performance and achievement during the season.
Hania El Hammamy
Winner: CIB Black Ball Squash Open
Semi-finalist: PSA Women's World Championship
Semi-finalist: J.P. Morgan China Squash Open
- Reached the semi-finals or better in five of eight events played – including the PSA World Championship
- Reached career-high World No.7 ranking
- Won 19/26 matches during the season
Nour El Sherbini
Winner: PSA Women's World Championship
Winner: Windy City Open
Runner-up: J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions
Runner-up: CIB Black Ball Squash Open
- Reached the final in all four events played
- Following injury, returned to competitive action at the World Championship – wining the event in the process, her fourth World Championship title on her 24th birthday
- Won 19/21 matches during the season
Raneem El Welily
Winner: Oracle NetSuite Open
Runner-up: PSA Women's World Championship
Runner-up: J.P. Morgan China Squash Open
Runner-up: Windy City Open
- Maintained World No.1 position for duration of season
- Won 23/29 matches during the season
Winner: U.S. Open
Winner: Carol Weymuller Open
- Reached the semi-final or better in six of seven events played
- Returned to career-best World No.2 ranking position
- Won 22/27 matches during the season
Winner: Open de France – Nantes
Winner: J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions
- Ended seven match losing streak against Raneem El Welily en route to winning Tournament of Champions
- Won 22/28 matches during the season
Or did another player catch your eye this season that you think deserves the award?
Cast your vote now
The PSA Awards winners are determined by a multi-part voting process comprising of a public vote, cast by squash fans, and a vote cast by the PSA Awards Panel.
The PSA Awards Panel nominate players in a first / second / third format in each category, with each position counting as a certain number of points towards a players total overall score. The results of the public vote are then added to the votes cast by the Awards Panel to determiner the overall winners.