About this notice
This privacy notice applies to all users and customers of the Professional Squash Association website, www.psaworldtour.com, it also applies to all products and services under the Professional Squash Association – including SquashTV.
We collect and process personal information relating to you to ensure we deliver a personalised experience. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data to meet our data protection obligations in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
In this notice, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ and ‘PSA’ means the Professional Squash Association and all of the services provided by the Professional Squash Association. ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are users and customers. PSA is the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
The GDPR Principles
We will comply with GDPR using these principles:
- To process data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- To collect data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and only process it in a manner that is compatible with these purposes
- To ensure data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is processed
- To ensure that data is accurate and kept up-to-date
- To ensure that data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed
- To ensure data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data, including protection against authorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction and damage.
What personal information do we collect and when?
We collect and process a range of information about you.
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Payment details and your address
- Information about your use of our services including cookie data
- Your internet protocol (IP) address
We collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, personal information is collected through sign-up forms on the website.
We collect this personal information when:
- You sign up for newsletters
- You take out a free SquashTV digital subscription
- Your take out a paid SquashTV subscription
- You buy tickets to PSA events
- You donate to the PSA Foundation
- You use the PSA website
- You enter PSA competitions and/or competitions managed by third parties, which we inform you about
- When you contact SquashTV/PSA customer services.
We will seek personal information about you from third parties such as analytic platforms and provider of payment services.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for only as long as necessary, which is longer in some cases than others. The length is determined on the purpose for which the personal information was obtained. For example:
- We may need to keep some personal information so we can deal with any complaints regarding the services we provide
- If you ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing, we need to retain enough information about you to enable us to ensure we stop including you in those direct marketing activities
- We may have a legal duty to keep certain information for us and authorised third parties to abide by other laws including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Unless there’s some other reason for keeping your personal information, your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer required, for example, if you have not opened any of our marketing email in two years, you will be removed from our mailing list.
How will we use your personal information?
We and our authorised third parties may use your information in a variety of ways, to:
- Monitor, develop and improve our services and/or your experience (this may include personalising the advertising content you see)
- Provide you with access to products and services
- Provide you with product and service recommendations
- Process payments from you to us
- Deal with complaints and enquiries made by you
- Contact you with essential information about our services (like account updates)
- Manage our relationship with you including monitoring compliance with our all relevant terms and conditions, policies and terms in connection with the services we provide and you use
- Send you marketing material depending on your preferences and consent
- Contact you in the event of you winning a prize and publish details if you win a competition
- Geo-restrict or regionalise our services to ensure we comply with our legal obligations
We only process your personal information when we have legal grounds to do so. Generally, we only process it on the grounds:
- You have given us consent for the processing: please note you will always have the right to withdraw this consent at any time
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party (for example, the terms and conditions of one of our services)
- The processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party we deem of interest (for example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding how people use our services)
In terms of geo-restricting, some of our content is only available in certain parts of the world. This is due to a range of legal contracts we’ve entered into. To ensure we only show you content when you’re in the appropriate territories, we detect the IP address of your device to work out your location.
Do we share your personal information?
We may pass your personal information onto third parties, for these reasons:
- To third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer services provided to you. These third parties are only allowed access to your information as needed to perform functions of the services or to provide services to us. They’re not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
- For marketing communications, where we have your consent to do so (see section below ‘We will send you marketing messages?’)
- In the event you win a competition, we’d share your name with our marketing channels and any image you supply to accompany the message
- We will disclose your data where legally required to, for example in the event of a subpoena or if we believe such action is necessary
- The only other time we will share your personal information is in order to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the PSA or our users.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance to our instructions.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure, as far as we can, that your personal information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed by anyone who is not authorised to do so.
As stated above, if an authorised third party uses your personal information while acting on our behalf, they do so in a professional and lawful manner. We expect them to abide by the same rules we do.
We encrypt your personal information and use two-step authentication techniques wherever possible. We also use secure, purpose-built platforms to manage your personal information.
Please note it is your responsibility to keep your login details a secret and sharing of this information is against the SquashTV’s Terms and Conditions.
Will we send you marketing communications?
We only send you marketing communications if you provide your consent, for example by signing up for a subscription with the perks of newsletters.
Where we have your consent we may:
- Send you information about existing and new services including special offers
- Send you information about what’s going on in the squash industry. This includes the PSA World Tour and events we broadcast
- Send you information about related products or selected third parties we think may be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time. The easiest way to do this is to click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com and ask to be removed from our marketing lists at anytime.
PSA is an organisation with global reach and as such, your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer personal infortmation to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the EEA and the US.
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including GDPR and any other superseding legislation. We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold on you. To do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org making it clear you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including the full details of what you require. You may be required to submit proof of your identity. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, but, if your request is complex it could take us longer, we will keep you updated throughout the process. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances
- The right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will obtain your consent before undertaking marketing and you always have the ability to opt out
- The right to object to your personal information being processed where the legal basis for the processing is our own legitimate interests as a business. We will comply with this request unless there’s a lawful reason not to
- The right to correct any details about yourself that are incorrect, ensuring our data records are accurate
- The right to withdraw consent when we are processing your personal information on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw consent at any time
- The right of erasure, you may request your personal information be erased. We will comply unless there’s a lawful reason for not doing so – for example if there are overriding lawful reasons or legitimate ground for retaining your personal information (keeping payment details to comply with HMRC rules)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. Please contact us on email@example.com about any questions or if you have any complaints about how we process your personal information
- The right to request a transfer of your personal information to you or a third party. Your personal information will be provided in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal information. You may request this if for example, our use of the personal information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, or if you have objected to our use of your personal information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Change of business
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganisation or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our group company’s assets, then your information may be included in the assets that are transferred to the new owner and maybe provided to the entities and advisors involved. Such a transaction may involve us:
Retaining the right to continue to use transferred personal information in addition to the right of the new owner to use such information and engaging in additional transfers of personal information with the new owner from time to time following such a transaction.
If there are changes to our business such as a re-organisation or restructuring, your personal information will remain subject to this privacy notice. However, where your personal information is transferred to a new owner following a merger or acquisition it may be subject to a different Privacy Notice.
Professional Squash Association is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2748136) with our registered office at Studio 4, 46 The Calls, Leeds, LS2 7EY. Our VAT registration number is 402573970.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates our processing of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
If you wish to contact us about our Privacy Notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org